Welcome candle lovers, there are some honest to god heros working out there today. From NHS staff, to cleaners, retail staff, and delivery drivers. They are putting themselves at risk every day to keep our country running. They are providing us with the support and resources we need. As a result of this, we at The Penseth Company have kept a distance. This has been a time for rapid response and personal action for everyone.
Now that we have a clearer of picture of what this means, we can see a way forward. We believe this is the right time to share with all the candle lovers, what we will be doing during this difficult time. First and foremost, The Penseth Company continues to operate, manufacture, and ship candles to customers. As a family run business we are able to do this without putting our teams at any additional risk. We are also doing our part to support communities, our team, and our customers. Below is the outline of what we are doing and what you can do to help get through this crisis;
What we are doing.
We have taken a few steps to safeguard our team and customers.
- All products now receive an additional anti-bacterial clean after production and before shipping.
- We have changed shipping carriers so that now all orders are shipping door to door. This reduces social contact from visits to post offices.
- We have also reduced our shipping charges during this testing time.
- Very soon we will be using our social media platforms to share government advice, and social anxiety support for all customers seeking it.
- We are also joining the fundraising campaign for NHS Charities Together. They are seeking £100m to support NHS staff during this difficult time.
What you should be doing.
STAY AT HOME! This is the thing we should all be doing. Unless you are out of food, or a relative or vulnerable person needs supplies. There is no other reason you should be outside. Let us be honest, your family ‘walk’ is not exercise – it is an excuse to leave the house. This Puts lives at risk. The sooner we all observe the stay-at-home request, the sooner we can reach overcome this difficult time and return to life outside.
I’m going to say it again – STAY AT HOME! If you are finding it difficult – buy a scented candle. It will change the vibe of your room.
Other things you should be doing;
- Read the official government advice – at gov.uk
- Follow Government Guidelines, this is not the time for your conspiracy theories Pete!
- Be Monica Gellar level clean – wash your hands, clean your surfaces, avoid unnecessary contact with your eyes and mouth.
- Support the vulnerable people in your community.
What more we can all do.
There is an army of people (alongside the actual army) that are working hard to support us during this time. Particularly the people at the NHS who are putting themselves at risk, professionally and personally to provide us all with safe care. NHS Charities for have set up a joint campaign to support NHS Staff during this period. They are seeking donations from the public to support staff and we would encourage you to head over there and donate to help our amazing angels in the NHS.
For our part, we have added a section to our checkout where you can donate to the fund and we will cover all the administrative and processing fees. So your donation reaches the campaign in full.
Be Kind and Considerate There is no doubt that we are in new and unchartered territory. Everyone will likely be feeling some level of anxiety. Whether it is about their job, their health, or what the future holds. It is important now more than ever that we be kind and understanding of one another. We may not know what the person is going through, but we can appreciate that now is a difficult time for many people in our community. Be kind, be funny, and try to make some ones day better. That’s the lockdown life.